- 8 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- 3cm piece of ginger, peeled and chopped
- 100g almonds
- 3 tablespoons vegetables oil
- 6 cardamom pods
- 4 cloves
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 500g firm white fish (such as cod)
- 1 bunch coriander, roughly chopped
- Blitz the garlic, onion, ginger and almonds in a blender with three tablespoons of water.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan large enough to take the fish.
- Add the cardamom pods, cloves and cinnamon. Fry for one minute and then add garlic and onion mixture. Fry for four or five minutes until the oil separates. Add the coriander, cumin and chilli, cook for two minutes and then slide the fish in. Poach for four minutes or until cooked. Stir in the coriander and serve with plain rice.