- 4 chicken breasts, sliced
- 1 tablespoon flour, well seasoned with salt and pepper
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoon finely grated parmesan
- 4 handfuls mixed salad leaves
- 1 dessertspoon cornichons, thinly sliced lengthways
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 bunch basil leaves, roughly torn
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- 1 lemon, quartered
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/ gas mark 6. Dip the chicken in the flour and then the egg and then the parmesan. Lay on a greaseproof-lined baking tray and bake for six to eight minutes or until cooked.
- Combine the leaves, cornichons, tomato and basil, season well with salt and pepper and two tablespoons of olive oil. Divide onto four plates, top with the chicken and serve with the lemon wedges.
Recipe by Hugo Arnold