- 400g minced pork
- 80g carrot, finely chopped
- 50g shitake mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 dessertspoon coriander stalks, finely chopped
- 30g ginger, finely chopped
- 3 dessertspoons oyster sauce
- 2 dessertspoons light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 80g vermicelli noodles, cut into 5cm
- 300ml rapeseed oil, for deep-frying
- 50g mixed peppers, finely diced
For the sauce
- 100g tomato ketchup
- 50ml pineapple juice
- 50ml orange juice
- 40ml rice vinegar
- 100g sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Mix the minced pork with carrot, shitake mushrooms, coriander and ginger in a bowl.
Season with oyster sauce, soy sauce and sugar. Cover the bowl with clingfilm and place into
the fridge for at least two hours.
- Remove from fridge and make 5cm dumplings. Put water into a steamer pot and put onto a
high heat. Then put the dumplings on a tray or small plate and steam for 10 minutes. Keep to
- For the sauce, bring a saucepan to a medium heat; add tomato ketchup, pineapple juice,
orange juice, rice vinegar, sugar and salt. Bring to the boil and simmer for 20 minutes or until
the sauce thickens. Keep to one side.
- Bring the wok to a high heat with the rapeseed oil. Add vermicelli noodles, then deep fry
until they get a nice golden brown colour. Remove the noodles and drain on kitchen paper.
- Bring the wok and oil to a medium to high heat again. Add dumplings, then deep fry for
about two to three minutes until they are a nice golden brown colour.
- Put the dumplings on kitchen paper to drain off any excess oil. Place the dumplings on a
plate and top with the crispy vermicelli noodles.
- Bring the sauce to a medium heat and add the peppers, then bring it to a boil.
- To serve, pour the sauce and peppers over the top of dumplings and noodles.
TIP: Use minced chicken or beef instead.