- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2cm piece fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 red chillies, de-seeded and finely sliced
- 500g pork fillet, minced (ask your butcher if you prefer)
- 4 tablespoons chilli jam
- 100g beansprouts
- 300ml hot homemade or good quality chicken stock
- 200g rice noodles, cooked
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a high heat.
- Add the sesame seeds, ginger, garlic and chilli and cook for 2–3 minutes. Remove from the
saucepan and set aside.
- Add the pork to the pan and cook until golden brown. Stir in the chilli jam, beansprouts and
scallions and stir-fry for another 2-3 minutes. Put the sesame seed, ginger, garlic and chilli
back into the pan.
- Pour in the stock and mix well. Bring back to the boil and cook for 6-8 minutes, until the
liquid is well reduced.
- Divide the cooked rice noodles between four warmed bowls and top with the chilli pork
and garnish with the sliced scallions.
Recipe by Hugo Arnold.