- 500g minced lamb
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled, chopped and mashed with a little salt
- 1 dessertspoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- Bunch radishes, sliced
- 1 cucumber, deseeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon picked mint leaves
- 2 handfuls salad leaves
- 4 pitta breads
- 4 tablespoons Greek yoghurt
- 1 lemon, quartered
- ½ teaspoon za’atar
- In a large bowl mix the meat with the allspice, garlic and rosemary. Season well
with salt and pepper and mould into fat sausage or kofta shapes. You should get
eight koftas. Thread on to skewers and preheat the grill to medium high.
- Combine all the salad ingredients, season with salt and pepper and toss with
four tablespoons of olive oil.
- Grill the koftas for ten minutes, turning once, or until cooked.
- Lightly moisten the pitta bread with water and place under the grill for a
minute, turn over and repeat.
- Serve the koftas with the salad, warm pitta bread, yoghurt, lemon quarter and a
sprinkling of the za’atar.
TIP: Use rosemary sprigs in place of the skewers.