- 3 dessertspoons sunflower oil
- 2 heaped dessertspoons red curry paste
- 800ml coconut milk, 21% fat
- 200ml water
- 4 kaﬃr lime leaves, torn
- 3 dessertspoons fish sauce
- 1 dessertspoon or 20g palm sugar
- 480g beef fillet, finely sliced
- 80g Thai round aubergine, cut in 6 or pea aubergines, whole
- 50g bamboo shoots, sliced
- 80g string beans, cut to 4cm
- 80g mixed peppers, diced
- 2 chillies, sliced
- 10g sweet basil, torn
- Warm a saucepan or wok to a medium heat and then add the oil and red curry paste and stir until you get an aroma.
- Add the coconut milk and the water, cook for a few minutes to bring to a simmer and then
add the kaﬃr lime leaves. Season with fish sauce and palm sugar. This dish can be made in advance as far as this step. It will keep in the fridge for up to three days.
- Add the beef and Thai aubergine followed by the bamboo shoots, string beans, mixed
peppers and chillies. Cook for another minute or two before serving but don’t allow the
vegetables to overcook.
Recipe from the team at Saba
Buy a good quality curry paste. It’s best to get them in good Asian stores rather than