- 1 teaspoon cardamom seeds, ground with a pestle & mortar
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground chilli powder
- 12-15 chicken thighs, skinned and cut into 5cm strips
- 200ml coconut milk
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1/2 lime, zest only
For the salsa
- 1/2 pineapple, finely diced
- 1 small green chilli, finely diced
- 1/2 lime, juice only
- 1tablespoon sugar
- Handful fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- Handful mint leaves, roughly chopped
- Flat bread to serve
- Heat a dry frying pan over a moderate heat. Leave to get hot and then add the
spices and dry fry for a few minutes until they release their aroma. Take care,
they burn easily. Add to the coconut milk, garlic, ginger, lime juice in a bowl and
mix well. Add in the chicken and coat it well. Cover with cling film and refrigerate
for at least one hour, overnight is even better.
- Mix all the salsa ingredients together and season with salt and black pepper.
- Using 8 metal skewers (if using wooden skewers soak in water first), thread on
the marinated chicken pieces.
- Set a heavy-based griddle pan over a medium heat and chargrill the skewers
for 3-4minutes on each side or until completely cooked.
- Serve with pineapple salsa and some warmed flat bread.