- 20 medium fresh prawns
- 1 litre fish broth
- 60g butter
- 300g arborio rice
- 1g saffron threads
- 100g baby spinach
- 30g good quality lemon peel
- 1 small radicchio, chopped finely to garnish
- Salt and pepper to season
- Peel and devein the prawns using a sharp knife.
- Place fish broth in a medium size pot and gently bring to the boil. Turn to a simmer.
- In a saucepan, melt half the butter. Add the rice to the pan and allow it cook for a couple of minutes over a medium heat until it begins to lightly fry.
- At this point, add a ladle of broth to the rice, stirring continuously until absorbed. Keep adding broth to the pan with the ladle and keep stirring until all the stock is absorbed for about 15 to 18 minutes.
- Add the saffron threads and prawns and cook for another two minutes.
- Take off the heat, add the remaining butter, baby spinach and lemon peel to the rice. Leave it rest for a couple of minutes.
- Sprinkle the chopped radicchio leaves on top to add colour and flavour and serve.
Recipe: Riccardo Grande at La Cucina
You need a good quality lemon peel – avoid the cheap, sugary ones.