- 4 chicken breasts, cut into 5 slices each
- 200g flour
- 50g cornflour
- 320ml sparkling water
- 1 teaspoon fi ne sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground white pepper
- 150ml Frank’s Original Red Hot Sauce
- 100g flour, for coating prior to going through the batter
- Deep fat fryer with vegetable oil for cooking
- 100ml Frank’s Hot Sauce to toss the cooked chicken in
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 100g Crozier Blue
- 4 handfuls carrot and celery stic
- Mix the flour, cornflour, salt and pepper together. Add the sparkling water and 50ml of Frank’s Hot Sauce, and mix well.
- Heat the vegetable oil to about 165°C in a deep pan or deep-fat fryer. Roll the chicken strips in the extra 100g flour, and pass through the spicy batter to coat. Deep-fry until golden and cooked through, about 4–6 minutes.
- Meanwhile blend the cheese and mayonnaise together in a food processor or simply mix with a whisk until blended (if you have a Thermomix, blend for 10 seconds on Speed 4). If you like it chunky, blend it by hand with a hand whisk.
- When the chicken is cooked, toss in a large bowl with the extra hot sauce and serve with a dollop of the blue cheese mayonnaise. Serve with carrot and celery sticks.
If you haven’t yet tried Frank’s Red Hot Sauce, go out and buy it immediately! It’s delicious.