- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 300g Italian sausage or herb sausage, thickly sliced
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 2cm pieces
- 2 red onions, finely sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- 1 red pepper deseeded and sliced
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 150ml white wine
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- 300g new potatoes, halved
- 250ml stock
- 75g pickled peppers such as peppadew or guindilla
- Handful flat leaf parsley, chopped, to serve
- Heat the oven to 180°C. Heat a large ovenproof pan over a high heat. Add the sausage and chicken, turning to brown all over. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the onion, garlic and pepper to the pan and cook for 5 minutes until softened a little. Add the rosemary, white wine and vinegar, bubble for a minute then put the chicken and sausage back in the pan. Add the potatoes, stock and pickled pepper.
- Season well and put in the oven to cook for 20 minutes until the chicken is cooked and the sauce has thickened a little. Serve scattered with parsley.
Recipe by Donal Skehan