- 50g table salt
- 250g cherry tomatoes on the vine
- 2 free-range chickens fillets
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 sprig thyme
- 1 green courgette
- 1 yellow courgette
- 3-4 large slices sourdough bread
- 1 lemon
- 1⁄2 clove garlic
- 10g picked flat leaf parsley
- 10g picked mint
- Preheat oven to 140°C/gas mark 1.
- On a baking tray, evenly spread 50g of table salt, cut the cherry tomatoes in half and place on top of the salt. Place in the oven for one hour, then remove and place the tomatoes onto some kitchen paper, removing any excess salt. Set aside. This can be done the day before.
- Preheat a griddle pan on a medium heat. Butterfly the chicken fillets, rub with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, salt, pepper and picked thyme, then place onto the griddle pan. Turn the chicken after about six minutes, and cook for a further six minutes. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
- Top and tail the courgettes. Slice lengthways as thinly as possible and rub with 1 tablespoon olive oil, salt and pepper. Place on the same pan and grill for one minute on each side. Set aside.
- In the same griddle pan, grill the sourdough bread for about two minutes on each side until crispy.
- To make the gremolata, zest and juice the lemon, grate the garlic clove, chop the parsley and mint, then mix well together adding 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- To serve, cut the sourdough bread in half, slice the chicken thinly lengthways. Arrange the courgette first then the chicken on top of the bread, place cherry tomatoes in and around the chicken and sprinkle with the gremolata and drizzle with the remaining olive oil.
When preparing the courgettes, it helps to cut one side off for stability before slicing them thinly.