- 500g free-range chicken, diced
- 150g onions, diced
- 300g courgettes, diced
- 15g fresh garlic
- 50g black olives, whole and pitted
- 25g ginger, finely chopped
- 100g celery, sliced
- 300g red peppers, diced
- Zest of one lemon
- 14g flat parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 litre chicken stock
- 10g ras el hanout
- 1.5kg tomato pulp
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Fry the onions and celery in a little olive oil for 5-10 minutes on medium heat in a heavy-based casserole pot.
- Add the ginger, spices and olives and fry for 10 minutes.
- Add the tomato pulp and chicken stock to the pot and cook for 20 minutes.
- Grill the courgettes and red peppers until golden, turning regularly.
- Sear the chicken until golden brown in a separate frying pan.
- Add the courgettes, red peppers and chicken to the pot and cook on low for another 10 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Finish with the lemon zest and chopped flat parsley.
Click here for more poultry recipes.
We recommend serving this dish with couscous or steamed rice.