- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 large onion, peeled and diced
- 2 large cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed
- 2 large white potatoes or 4 small potatoes, peeled and diced into chunks
- 600ml vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp red curry paste
- 150g red spilt lentils
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 x tin coconut milk
- 200g diced spinach or kale
- Handful fresh herbs chopped for serving
- In a large saucepan over a medium heat add some oil (I used avocado oil but opt for your oil of preference), toss in the onion and place on the lid and let sweat for 4 minutes.
- Add the garlic, potatoes, curry paste and toss and cook for a minute.
- Pour in the stock, lentils, tomato paste and bring the pot to boil.
- Once boiling, lower the heat and let simmer for 15-18 minutes until the potatoes are tender (check using a fork).
- Add the spinach and stir and coconut milk- continue stirring to combine. Turn off the heat, place on the lid and let the curry sit for 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Recipe courtesy of Natural Born Feeder in collaboration with Bord Bia