- 6 potatoes, peeled and sliced 1/2cm thick (don't store in water)
- 750ml milk
- 750ml cream
- 12g salt
- 6 garlic cloves, grated
- Grated Cook With M&S Nutmeg
- Cook With M&S Garlic & Herb Seasoning
- 20g Grated M&S Gruyère Cheese
- Very simply, place the cream, milk, salt, grated garlic and potatoes in a large heavy based pot.
- Season with some pepper, garlic and herb seasoning and nutmeg and bring slowly to the boil until the mixture thickens.
- Transfer this to an ovenproof dish, and cover with grated cheese.
- Bake at 180c for 45mins, until golden brown on top.
Recipe by Mark Moriarty for M&S