For the porridge:
- 120g oats
- 400ml full-fat milk
- 200ml water
- Pinch of salt
For the lemon curd:
- Zest and juice of 2 lemons
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 65g butter, cubed
- 175g caster sugar
- A tablespoon of toasted almonds
- 100g blackberries
- To make the lemon curd, place all the ingredients in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water. Stir until the sugar is dissolved and continue to stir for about 15 minutes until thick enough to coat the back of the spoon. Remove from the heat and allow to cool - this will last up to a week in a sealed container in the fridge.
- To make the porridge, place the oats, milk and a pinch of salt in a pot over a low-medium heat and stir together.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring continuously.
- To serve, divide the porridge between four bowls. Place a large tablespoon of lemon curd on top of the porridge, the top with a sprinkle of toasted almonds and berries.
Recipe courtesy of Eunice Power for Flahavan's.
Click here for more breakfast recipes.
If you don't like blackberries or can't find them, try blueberries instead.