- 275g leftover porridge
- Splash of milk
- 1 egg
- 50g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 4 black figs
- Knob of butter
- Juice and zest of half an orange
- 1 tbsp honey
- Greek yoghurt
- Whisk the leftover porridge together with a splash of milk and the egg until well combined.
- Sift in the flour and baking powder to the porridge and whisk to combine.
- Halve the figs and place cut side facing up on a baking tray. Drizzle with the honey and the orange zest and juice. Place under a hot grill and cook for 5-6 minutes or until the figs start to release their juices and collapse.
- Melt a knob of butter in a non-stick frying pan and cook spoonfuls of the batter in batches until golden brown on each side. Repeat until all the batter is used up.
- Serve the pancakes with the grilled figs and Greek yoghurt.
Recipe courtesy of Flahavan's
For more tasty breakfast recipes, click here.
Don't have leftover porridge? No problem. Simply place 50g of oats in a small pan over a medium heat with 250ml milk and bring to the boil and reduce the temperature to a low heat and continue cooking for around 10-12 minutes until thick and creamy. Leave the porridge overnight covered with some clingfilm.