- 500ml low-fat natural yoghurt
- 360g porridge oats
- 1 egg
- 3-4 tablespoons milk or almond milk
- 2 teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
- Half teaspoon salt
- Optional: mixed seeds or nuts; chia seeds; pumpkin seeds; walnuts
1. Pre-heat your oven to 180ºC.
2. Grease a standard loaf tin using butter or simply use parchment paper to line it.
3. In a mixing bowl combine the yoghurt, egg, milk and bicarbonate of soda. Stir in the oats, salt and cup of mixed nuts and seeds (if you so wish). Ensure all the ingredients are well blended into a doughy texture, then transfer the mixture to the loaf tin.
4. Cut a line down the centre of your loaf and sprinkle with a few nuts and seeds. Place in the oven and cook for 45-55 minutes (depending on your oven).
5. Remove the loaf from tin. Return the loaf to the oven upside down and allow it to cook for five minutes more to make it crispy.
6. Insert a skewer to ensure that inside of loaf is cooked before removing from oven. Leave to cool on a wire tray.