- 25g plain flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 300ml milk
- Oil, for frying
For the filling:
- Basil pesto
- Sundried tomato
- Sieve flour and salt into a bowl.
- Make a well in the centre of flour, break in the egg and add about a third of the milk. Beat well, gradually pouring in remaining milk and drawing in the flour to make a smooth batter.
- Pour batter into a jug and allow to stand for about 30 minutes.
- Brush a pancake pan or frying pan with oil. When the pan is hot, give the batter a stir before pouring a thin layer onto the pan.
- Fry until golden brown, flip to fry both sides.
- Repeat to use up all batter and stack pancakes on a large plate, covered with foil to keep warm.
- To serve, return pancake to pan over a reduced heat. Spread Pesto, Peppers, Sundried Tomato, Spinach and Mozzarella
Recipe courtesy of Odlums