- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 large egg
- Maple syrup, for serving
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup creme fraiche, for serving
1. Whisk together first six ingredients until well combined.
2. Whisk together buttermilk, oil, and egg in a bowl; add to flour mixture in three parts, stir until lightly combined but not overworked.
3. Pour about 1/4 cup batter for each pancake onto a hot, lightly greased non stick large skillet. Cook pancakes until tops are covered with bubbles and edges look cooked - it should take about two minutes. Turn and cook other sides.
4. Mix creme fraiche with vanilla and serve immediately with pancakes.
Recipe by Stuart O'Keefe.