For the fudge layer:
- 80g Homespun Chicory Root Syrup
- 240g peanut butter
- 40g coconut oil, melted
- 150g oats, ground to a flour consistency in a blender or food processor
- Pinch of salt
For the topping:
- 100g dark chocolate chopped
- 15g coconut oil
- Toasted coconut flakes / chopped nuts for topping
- Line a loaf tin with baking paper or you can use an 8-inch square tin to make thinner bars.
- Mix together Chicory Root Syrup, peanut butter and coconut oil in a large bowl. Once combined, add the oat flour and salt.
- Add the mixture to your prepared tin and spread evenly. Leave to set in the fridge for at least an hour before topping with your chocolate layer.
- Melt chocolate in a heat safe bowl or jug in the microwave in 30 second increments. Mix in coconut oil which will melt in the heat of chocolate.
- Pour chocolate over the fudge layer. Sprinkle with toasted coconut or chopped nuts.
- Leave to set for at least one more hour before slicing.
- Store in the fridge for up to two weeks in a sealed container.
Recipe courtesy of Homespun, now available in AVOCA stores nationwide.