Looking to update your breakfast?
This peanut butter granola recipe from NutShed should do the trick!
- 3 cups organic oats
- ½ cup seeds of your choice
- ¾ cup NutShed original peanut butter
- ¼ cup neutral oil, our favourite is Second Nature Organic Rapeseed Oil
- ¼ cup organic agave or honey
- Big pinch of sea salt
- ½ cup freeze-dried raspberries, optional
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips, optional
- Heat the peanut butter, oil and agave or honey in a pot on very low heat and stir until they just come together, about one minute.
- In a bowl, combine the oats, seeds and sea salt.
- Add the wet mixture to to the dry and mix together with a wooden spoon or your hands. If you use your hands, you can make little clusters that will toast beautifully.
- Taste the mix and if it's not sweet enough for your taste, add another tablespoon of agave or honey.
- Spread the mixture out evenly on a tray and bake for around 15 mins at 160C, or until golden brown.
- Crumble the raspberries between your fingers and when the granola has cooled, stir through the chocolate chips and raspberries.
- The granola can be stored in a snap top jar for up to 3 months.
TIP- You can play around with this recipe to add your favourite nuts or seeds, just stick to the same ratio of dry and wet ingredients.