- 4 Simply Better Fresh Organic Irish Salmon Darnes
- 4 slices of Simply Better Italian Prosciutto
- Di Parma
- 1 tbsp Simply Better P.D.O. Terra Di Bari
- Bitonto Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 tsp Simply Better Italian Made Pesto Alla
- Genovese with PDO Genovese Basil
- 12 asparagus spears, trimmed
- 4 fresh dill sprigs
- Juice of 1⁄2 lemon
- 25g butter
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Lightly dressed mixed salad, to serve
- Roasted baby potatoes, to serve
- Lemon wedges, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (375°F/Gas Mark 5).
- Blanch the asparagus spears in a pan of boiling salted water for 1 minute. Drain and quickly refresh under cold running water, then tip into a bowl of ice-cold water to cool completely. Drain well and pat dry on kitchen paper.
- Season each salmon darne with pepper and arrange 3 asparagus spears, trimming them down as necessary, and a dill sprig on top of each fillet. Lightly wrap a slice of Prosciutto Di Parma around each bundle and place in a shallow non-metallic dish, then add a squeeze of lemon juice. Heat the olive oil in a large ovenproof frying pan over a medium-high heat and add the butter. Once it stops foaming, add the salmon wraps presentation-side down and cook for 4-5 minutes all over to seal.
- Transfer to the oven and roast for another 8 minutes, until the salmon wraps are cooked through.
- To serve, arrange the salmon wraps on warmed serving plates and spoon some of the basil pesto to one side. Add some of the mixed salad to each plate and have a separate warmed dish of the roasted potatoes and lemon wedges for the table.
Recipe courtesy of Neven Maguire
Brought to you by Dunnes Stores Simply Better