- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2 red peppers, sliced
- 4 large vine tomatoes
- 2 red chilies, finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 tbsp olive oil, plus extra to drizzle
- 1kg chicken wings
- 2 tbsp clear honey
- 1 tbsp Cajun seasoning
- ½ tsp paprika
- Preheat the oven to gas 6, 200°C, fan 180°C. Put the red onion, peppers, tomatoes, chilies and garlic on a large tray. Drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil and mix together.
- In a large bowl, mix 1 tbsp olive oil with the honey, Cajun seasoning and paprika. Add the chicken wings and toss to coat. Tip the wings onto the baking tray so that they sit on top of the veg. Season.
- Roast for 50 mins until the veg are softened and the chicken has crisped up.
- Remove from the oven. Set aside the chicken wings and tip the roasted veg into a food processor, along with the remaining olive oil.
- Return the chicken wings to the tray and continue to roast for 10 mins until crispy.
- Blitz the roasted veg to a smooth sauce and serve with the chicken.
Recipe courtesy of Tesco.