- 4 sweet potatoes, washed and diced
- 2 yellow peppers, sliced
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp chilli powder
- 230g pack sweet vine-ripened tomatoes, quartered
- 4 rashers smoked back bacon, fat removed, roughly chopped
- 50g baby spinach
- 4 eggs
- fresh coriander, finely chopped, to serve
- 1 avocado, sliced, to serve
- sriracha chilli sauce, to serve
- Preheat the oven to gas 6, 200°C, fan 180°C. Put the sweet potato, peppers and onion in a large nonstick roasting tin. Drizzle with the oil, scatter over the spices and toss to coat; season. Bake for 15 mins, then add the tomatoes and bacon; bake for a further 15 mins.
- Stir through the spinach, then make 4 gaps and crack an egg into each. Return to the oven and bake for 4-5 mins or until the spinach is wilted and the egg white is set but the yolks are still runny. Scatter over the coriander and spoon onto plates. Serve with the avocado and chilli sauce, if using.
Recipe courtesy of Tesco.
Make it veggie – simply omit the bacon and cook as above. You could serve the cooked bake with some crumbled feta or other vegetarian cheeses on top instead.