- 175g butter
- 180g light brown sugar + 2 tbsp
- 200g chopped nectarines (skin on)
- 2 eggs
- 175g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 100g ground almonds
- 2 tbsp milk
- 2 tbsp flaked almonds
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180⁰C.
2. Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Halve, pit and chop the nectarines and put aside.
4. Beat in the eggs, one at a time to the butter and sugar until combined.
5. Add flour, baking powder, ground almonds and combine.
6. Stir in 2 tbsp of milk.
7. Fold in the chopped nectarines.
8. Scrape into tin and scatter the top with flaked almonds and 2 tbsp of brown sugar.
9. Bake for an hour or until a skewer comes out clean.
10. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10 mins. in tin before turning out. Dust with icing sugar and serve. Enjoy
Recipe courtesy of Considered by Helen James, exclusively available at Dunnes Stores.
The nectarine brings a slight acidity to this cake but the recipe works just as well with apricots, plums or even pears.