- 100g chorizo, sliced
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbsp milk
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 sheets puff pastry, thawed
- 200g sausage meat
- 4 tbsp sunflower seeds
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- In a bowl, mix the sausage meat, chorizo, onion and garlic. Mix with cleaned hands until combine thoroughly.
- Shape the sausage mixture back into the size of about 3 - 4 cm diameter.
- Beat the egg yolk and milk together in a bowl and set aside.
- Roll out the sheets of puff pastry onto the work surface and brush the pastry with some egg wash.
- Place the mixture on the puff pastry approximately 1cm from the edge. Fold the pastry over the sausage mixture and seal.
- Repeat with the remaining pastry and sausage mixture. Cut the rolls into 2cm or more rolls and place on a parchment-lined baking tray.
- Brush the tops with the remaining egg wash. Sprinkle with sunflower seeds.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes or until the pastry is golden and sausages are cooked through.
- Serve the sausage rolls warm or at room temperature for best results, however once cooked they can be stored in the fridge and served when required!
These mini chorizo sausage rolls make for a great homemade party platter. They can be baked in advance and just served warmed up or at room temperature.