For the sweet potato filling
- 4 small sweet potatoes
- 65g broccoli cut into small pieces
- 50g feta cheese
- 20g red onion finely chopped
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp chives finely chopped
For the cool yogurt dressing
- 100g Glenisk Natural strained protein yoghurt
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- ¼ lime zest
- 1 tsp chives finely chopped
- Chop the sweet potatoes in half lengthwise, place on a microwave-proof plate and pierce the flesh a couple of times to prevent them from bursting. Cook at 900w for about 5 minutes until they are soft and the middle can be scooped out. Preheat the oven to 200C. Allow the microwaved sweet potatoes to cool until you can handle them. Scoop out the middle of the potatoes with a teaspoon, leaving a rim around the edge so they do not collapse when oven cooking. Keep the surplus flesh for another recipe.
- Spray the potato skins with oil and place on a parchment-lined baking tray and cook for 15 minutes until crisp (ovens may vary so keep an eye on them) then remove from the oven.
- To make the sweet potato filling cook the broccoli for 1 and ½ minutes (al dente) add it to a bowl along with the feta, red onion and balsamic vinegar, season to taste. Divide the filling evenly between the potato skins and place them to the oven for 5 minutes until the filling is warmed through.
- To make the cool lime dressing add yoghurt, lime juice, lime zest, chopped chives to a bowl and mix well. Cover and store in a refrigerator until ready to use.
- Top the sweet potatoes with chives and serve with the cool lime dressing.
You can find more vegetarian recipes here.