- 2 packs of Mash Direct Curry Chips
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 red onion, cut in half and thinly sliced
- 400g minced lean lamb
- 40g madras curry paste
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 40g tomato puree
- 1 lamb stock cube, dissolved in 100ml boiling water
- Freshly milled salt and black pepper
- 1 small mango, peeled, stone removed and chopped into fine dice
- 1 tablespoon pomegranate seeds
- A small handful of fresh coriander, and fresh mint, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons natural yoghurt
Preheat oven 200C, Fan 180C, Gas mark 6.
- Arrange Mash Direct Curry Chips onto an oven tray and cook in a hot oven for 20 - 25 minutes until crisp.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan and gently fry the onion until soft.
- Add lamb and cook, stirring continuously to break up any lumps. Remove any excess fat if necessary.
- Stir in madras curry paste, garlic, tomato puree, lamb stock and bring to a boil. Reduce the temperature and cook for 6-7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Arrange curry chips onto warm plates, spoon lamb over the top, sprinkle with mango, pomegranate seeds, coriander, and mint.
- Drizzle with yoghurt before serving.
Recipe courtesy of Mash Direct