- 160g honey
- 2 large eggs
- 120g plain natural yoghurt
- 60g butter, melted
- 2 tbsp lemon juice,
- 2 tbsp lemon zest,
- 180g plain flour
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
For the honey butter:
- 45g butter, room temperature
- 2 tbsp honey
- Preheat your oven to 180C (350F).
- Place 9 muffin liners into a muffin tray.
- Whisk together honey, eggs, yoghurt and melted butter in a large bowl.
- Add the lemon juice and whisk some more.
- Add the flour, lemon zest, and baking powder and fold together wet and dry ingredients until no flour remains using a spatula.
- Fold in poppy seeds and then divide the mixture up into the prepared tray.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted comes out clean; approx. 17 – 20 minutes.
- Beat together honey and butter in a bowl. Serve a teaspoon or two on top of a warm muffin.
Recipe courtesy of Boyne Valley Honey