- 115g butter
- 200g granulated sugar
- 1 lemon, zest only and juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 large eggs
- 240g plain flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric, for colour
- 100g icing sugar, for dusting
- Heat oven to 180ºC/gas mark 4.
- In a medium bowl, cream butter, sugar and lemon zest with an electric mixer until light in colour – about three minutes.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing slightly after each addition.
- Add flour, baking powder and turmeric and mix gently until just combined. Gently fold in lemon juice.
- Form dough into rounds roughly 3–4 centimetres in diameter. Drop these into a bowl of icing sugar and coat thoroughly. Place onto a baking sheet lined with baking parchment, leaving at least 5 centimetres between. Bake for 8 – 10 minutes until tops begin to crack.
- Cool on a tray for three minutes and transfer to a wire rack to continue cooling.
Recipe courtesy of Dublin Cookie Company.
Click here for more baking recipes.
Be careful not to over mix with this recipe.