- 125g natural yoghurt
- 500g self-raising flour
- 150ml vegetable oil
- 125g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 lemon, zest grated
- 1 tsp icing sugar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4. Lightly grease a 1kg loaf tin with oil.
- Pour the yoghurt into a large bowl. Pour the oil into the yoghurt pot until three-quarters full. Add this to the yoghurt and stir to combine. Wash out the yoghurt pot.
- Add the grated lemon zest, eggs, sugar and flour, using the yoghurt pot to measure the sugar and flour. Stir to combine well.
- Pour the cake batter into the prepared loaf tin and bake for 40-45 minutes until golden brown. The cake is ready when a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Stir the icing sugar into the lemon juice and mix until smooth.
- Pour the drizzle over the loaf cake as soon as it comes out of the oven.
Recipe courtesy of Lidl.