- 0.25 tsp fajita spice mix
- 2 tbsp light mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 100g beef, roasted and finely chopped
- 3 sprigs fresh coriander, chopped
- 50g grated cheddar cheese
- 1 scallion, very finely chopped
- 3 small wholewheat tortillas
- Place the mayo and fajita spice mix in a small bowl and mix together. Place a tortilla flat on a cutting board. Spread a thin layer of mayo all over the tortilla, then scatter the beef, cheese, spring onion and coriander, if using, over one half of the tortilla. Fold over the other half of the tortilla that you've left clear to create a half-moon. Repeat with the remaining tortilla and ingredients.
- Set a griddle pan over a medium heat. When it's good and hot, brush both sides of each quesadilla with oil, then place them in the pan. Cook for 3-5 minutes, until nice griddle marks have formed, the tortilla is golden and the cheese has started to melt. Carefully flip over and cook the other side for about 3 minutes more, again just until good griddle marks have formed and the tortilla is golden.
- Transfer to a cutting board and allow to cook for a few minutes, then cut into 2 or 4 wedges and enjoy!
While these cheesy quesadillas make for a comforting midweek supper, they double up as a great lunchtime snack and taste just as good hot as they do cold. To make for lunch, allow to cool completely before packing into an airtight container or ziplock bag for a packed lunch.