- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 6 large carrots, chopped
- 2 stalks celery
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped rosemary
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped dried sage
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 chilli, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1.8l vegetable stock
- 1x400g tin dried black-eyed peas or pinto beans
- 225g kale, chopped
- In a large saucepan on a medium heat, add coconut oil and onions and cook until softened.
- Add in celery, carrots, and garlic and cook until the mixture is nice and caramelised and cooked through.
- Add herbs, spices, chilli and a good sprinkling of salt and pepper and stir well.
- Pour in the vegetable stock, beans, and kale. Cook for 1-2 hours on a medium heat until the beans and carrots are tender.
Click here for more soup recipes.
This will make a great healthy lunch or if you want to turn it in to a hearty supper, add 100g of cooked pasta (something small like macaroni) and serve with crusty bread.