- 5 eggs
- 250ml whole milk
- 150g self-raising flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 50g butter, melted
- 50g cheddar, grated
- 5 tsp finely chopped pickled jalapeños
- 8 streaky bacon rashers
- 3 tsp olive oil
- Pinch chilli flakes
- Small handful finely chopped parsley leaves
- Crack one egg into a mixing bowl and pour in the milk.
- Whisk together. Sift the flour and baking powder into the bowl and whisk into a smooth batter. Add the butter, cheese, 3 tsp jalapeños and a pinch of salt. Mix well.
- Heat a large griddle pan over a high heat. Once smoking, add the bacon and cook for 2-3 minutes each side, until golden and crispy.
- Remove from the pan, set aside and cover to keep warm.
- Reheat the griddle over a high heat and add 1 tsp olive oil.
- Pour in the batter, reduce the heat to low and leave for 6-7 minutes until set and golden in colour.
- Cut the waffle in half. Flip each side over and cook for another 6-8 minutes, until golden and slightly firm to the touch.
- Transfer to a chopping board and cut each piece in half so you have four waffles.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat.
- Crack in the remaining eggs, season with salt and cook for 3-4 minutes until the whites have set and the yolks are to your liking.
- To serve, put the waffles onto four plates and top each with an egg and two rashers of bacon.
- Scatter over a few chilli flakes, the remaining jalapeños and the parsley. Serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of Tesco.