For the crab cakes
- 200g Simply Better Irish Crab Meat
- 4 tbsp Simply Better Cold Pressed Irish
- Rapeseed Oil
- 2 Simply Better Italian Grilled Peppers, diced
- 2 tbsp Simply Better Italian Made Pesto Alla
- Genovese with PDO Genovese Basil
- 150g Simply Better Rustic Ciabatta
- 2 Simply Better Free Range Corn Fed Large
- Eggs, beaten
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 500g leftover mashed potatoes
- 50g butter
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 4 tbsp plain flour
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Simply Better Irish Made Sweet Chilli Sauce
- 150 ml mayonnaise
- Zest of 1 lime & Juice of half a lime
- Lightly dressed mixed salad
- Place the mashed potatoes in a large bowl, add in the crab meat followed by the lemon zest, pesto, parsley and peppers and mix well.
- Using a small ice cream scoop, shape the crab and potato mixture into even-sized balls, then, using slightly wet hands, shape into patties.
- Place the flour on a plate and season generously. Put the beaten eggs into a shallow dish and put the breadcrumbs in a separate dish along with the sesame seeds.
- Dust the crab cakes in the seasoned flour, carefully dip them in beaten egg and then coat in the breadcrumbs.
- Heat the rapeseed oil and butter in a large heavy-based frying pan over a medium heat. Shallow fry the crab cakes in batches for about 4–5 minutes on each side, until crisp and golden.
- Drain well on kitchen paper and then arrange on warmed plates with the sweet chilli mayonnaise and mixed salad.
Recipe courtesy of Neven Maguire
Brought to you by Dunnes Stores Simply Better