- 12 crab claws, cooked and deshelled
- 12 Dublin Bay prawn tails
For the garlic and lemon butter
- 150g/5oz butter
- 1 lemon, juice and lightly grated rind
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 12 coriander leaves
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/300ºF/gas mark 6.
- Bring the butter to room temperature and whisk in the lemon juice, garlic and coriander leaves.
- Arrange the crab claws and prawns in a dish and spoon the butter over them and sprinkle the breadcrumbs over the butter.
- Simply place in the hot oven for 10 minutes until the breadcrumbs are golden and the prawns are just cooked and still juicy.
- Serve with crusty bread and plenty of napkins.
Recipe courtesy of Gareth Smith.
Click here for more seafood recipes.
- You can either buy the crab claws raw and gently poach in salted water for four to five minutes and crack them, or there are great options for pre-cooked and shelled ones. ‘Crabster seafood’ or ‘Lambay crab n Lobster’ are particularly great.
- A little tip if using whole crab claws in the shell is to tap them with a spoon, holding the spoon at the very top of the handle. This will give a short sharp crack of the shell without crushing the crab inside.