- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 1 green and 1 red pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 200g roast beef, thinly sliced
- 150g cheddar, grated
- 4 white sub rolls
- 2-3 tbsp mayonnaise
- Heat the oil in a nonstick frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onions and cook for 10 mins, stirring regularly, until softened and beginning to caramelise. Add the peppers and cook for 5-8 mins until tender.
- Add the beef and cook for 1-2 mins until warmed through. Sprinkle the cheese over the beef and onions, cover with a lid and leave for 1-2 mins until the cheese melts.
- Slice the sub rolls in half and toast. Spread each roll with mayonnaise, then divide the cheesesteak mixture between each roll.
Recipe courtesy of Tesco.
Turn any leftover roast beef from Sunday's roast dinner into juicy Philly cheesesteak-style baguettes.