Eliza and Evie Ward of NutShed peanut butter company have shared their delicious spicy hummus recipe with us for you to try.
"This hummus has been keeping us alive during these busy days in production. You could use any of our peanut butters, but the harissa chilli really brings something special, a little smoke and a little heat. If at all possible lash it into a sandwich with some roasted cauliflower, mixed leaves and olive oil."
Serving: 4-6 as a dip | Time: Less than half an hour | Difficulty: Easy
- 1/2 cup harissa peanut butter
- 1x240g tin chickpeas
- 1/2 cup chickpea water from tin
- 1 clove of garlic
- Juice of half a lemon
- A twist of freshly ground sea salt and black pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil, optional, to drizzle
- Roasted chickpeas, optional, to garnish
- Place all ingredients, except for the garnish, into a blender or food processor and blend thoroughly. You might need to stop and scrape down the sides a few times, then continue blending to get it properly smooth, but stick with it. If you want your hummus lighter in texture, add one or two ice cubes and blend again.
- When you're happy with the texture, check the seasoning, then scrape into a bowl. Drizzle over a little olive oil, then scatter with the roasted chickpeas before serving.
Recipe courtesy of NutShed.