- 310g whole wheat flour
- 410g white flour
- 140g rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- 2 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 270g milk
- 70g black treacle (or molasses)
- 140ml Guinness
- Preheat oven to 180c
- Mix together the whole wheat flour, white flour, oats, salt and baking soda in a large bowl.
- Use a pastry cutter to cut the butter into the flour until the mixture resembles small crumbs.
- Add the milk, black treacle (or molasses) and Guinness, and mix until well combined.
- Use cooking spray to coat 2 bread loaf pans, and pour the batter into the pans.
- Sprinkle a little more oatmeal on top.
- Bake at 180c for 45 minutes to an hour, until the centre is cooked through and a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
Recipe by The Bloomsbury Executive Head Chef Byron Moussouris, part of The Doyle Collection.