Fresh from Donal Skehan's 'Super Food in Minutes’ show on RTÉ One, this spaghetti recipe is perfect for Veganuary.
We all know the world is eating too much meat and with last year marking a record number of people signing up for a month-long (and maybe longer) attempt at going vegan, it's obvious the planet-conscious trend is catching.
Whether you're newly vegan, or just keen to get back on track after an indulgent festive season, finding new and interesting recipes is, without doubt, one of the biggest challenges we face this time of year.
That's why you'll be glad to hear that Donal Skehan has been sharing plenty of recipes, tips and kitchen hacks for busy people who have limited time to spend in slaving over the stove but want to eat well.
This moreish spaghetti dish is super-easy and perfect for tasty vegan dinner
Green Miso Spaghetti
- 350g (12oz) dried spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 banana shallots, finely chopped
- 250g (9oz) spring greens, shredded
- 100g (3½oz) vegan butter, unsalted if possible
- 3 tablespoons red miso paste
1. Cook the pasta in a saucepan of boiling salted water for 10–12 minutes, then drain, reserving a cup of the cooking water.
2. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the shallots for 5 minutes until soft but not coloured. Add the greens and a splash of the pasta water, cover and cook for 2–3minutes.
3. Melt the butter with the miso paste and blend with 150ml (2/3 cup) of the pasta water until smooth. Add to the drained pasta with the greens. Serve with lots of cracked black pepper.