- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 500g lamb mince
- 2 tsp fresh oregano, chopped, or 1 tsp dried oregano
- 50g white bread, crusts removed, soaked in milk
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 tsp Knorr Aromat Seasoning
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 500ml homemade tomato sauce
- 75g feta cheese (crumbled) or mozzarella
- Pre-heat the oven to 200˚C, 180˚C fan, Gas mark 6
- Heat half the oil in a pan and add the onion and cook gently for 3-4 minutes until softened. Add the garlic and coriander and cook for a further minute. Place the lamb in a large mixing bowl add the oregano and the cooked onions and garlic. Squeeze most of the milk out of the bread and add to the mince mixture with the egg. Sprinkle in the Aromat seasoning, then using your hands or a fork, mix together all the ingredients thoroughly
- Flour your hands and begin rolling the lamb mixture into balls about the size of a golf ball.
- Heat remaining oil in a large frying pan and cook the meatballs on medium heat for 10–15 minutes, turning now and then, until golden brown and just cooked through.
- Place 3–4 tablespoons of the tomato sauce in the base of an ovenproof dish and top with the meatballs. Spoon over remaining tomato sauce and sprinkle with crumbled feta or mozzarella cheese. Place in the oven and bake for 10–15 minutes, until the sauce is bubbling and the cheese taking on a little colour.
Recipe courtesy of Knorr