- 100g gluten-free oats
- 200g Medjool dates
- 200g peanut butter
- 100g ground almonds
- 6 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 50g dark chocolate, melted
- 20g toasted peanuts, roughly chopped
- Grease and line a 20cm x 20cm baking tray with parchment paper.
- Place 60g gluten-free oats, all the dates, the peanut butter, the ground almonds and coconut oil in a food processor and blitz until the mixture comes together. Stir in the remaining oats.
- Tip the mixture into your prepared tin and flatten down with the back of a metal spoon pushing the mixture into the corners of the tin into an even layer. Place in the freezer for an hour to chill.
- Whilst your mixture is chilling, melt the dark chocolate in a saucepan over a low heat.
- Remove the protein bites from the tin using the edges of the parchment to lift it out. Sprinkle over the chopped peanuts and then drizzle with the dark chocolate to finish and then cut into slices.
Recipe courtesy of Flahavan's.