- 140g porridge oats
- 850ml milk
- 12 rashers pancetta, grilled
- 2 whole bananas, sliced
- Drizzle of maple syrup
- banana slices, crispy pancetta and maple syrup
- Using a hand mixer combine the eggs, cinnamon, maple syrup, sugar, milk and cream together.
- Next, grease a baking dish and arrange the bread slightly overlapping in the dish with the banana pieces mixed in between the bread. Then pour the mixture over the top and press down to make sure that all the bread has liquid on. Cover and refrigerate your French toast bake for at least 2-3 hours.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180ºC.
- Before putting your bake into the oven, sprinkle some extra sugar on the top.
- Finally, sprinkle with the bacon pieces and bake in the oven for 25-35 minutes until golden brown and set.
- Drizzle with a little more maple syrup, then serve.
Recipe courtesy of Russell Hobbs.
This yummy French toast tray bake is a breeze to whip up the night before a busy morning. Simply cut yourself a slice and warm up in either the oven or microwave and enjoy!