For the marinade/sauce
- 4 pheasants breast
- 6tbsp Gochujang chilli paste
- 4tsp Gochugaru chilli flakes
- 2tbsp mirin
- 4tbsp light soy sauce
- 6tbsp Sprite or 7Up
- 2tbsp honey
- 2tsp onion salt
- 4tap minced garlic
- 4tsp minced ginger
- 4tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 6 spring onions, sliced
- 300ml sauce
- 100ml marinade
- Thoroughly mix all the marinade/sauce ingredients.
- Put the pheasant breasts in a dish and pour on enough sauce/marinade to cover them (around 100 ml). Leave for at least half an hour, or longer if possible (you can leave them overnight if you wish).
- Put the rest of the sauce/marinade in a pan or store in the fridge if you’re marinating the pheasant overnight.
- Remove the pheasant breasts from the marinade and discard the marinade.
- Heat a grill pan of BBQ and cook the pheasant until done (about 10 minutes).
- Meanwhile, heat the sauce/marinade that you set aside and bubble it gently for a few minutes until you have a shiny sauce.
- Serve the pheasant on rice topped with the sauce and spring onions.
Recipe courtesy of wildandgame.co.uk