- 25g butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 leek, trimmed and sliced
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 110g feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, torn
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated
- Parmesan or vegetarian alternative
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas mark 4. Heat a 23cm ovenproof frying pan over a medium heat. Add the butter and olive oil, then the red onion and leek. Sauté for five to 10 minutes until softened but not coloured.
- Season the eggs and gently stir into the vegetables in the pan. Cook over a low heat for two minutes to set the bottom and sides of the frittata. Sprinkle over the crumbled feta cheese, basil and Parmesan and cook over a low heat for another five minutes, being careful not to let it burn.
- Transfer the pan to the oven and cook, uncovered for 15 minutes or until just set and puffed up.
- Remove from the oven and serve hot or cold in slices with a green salad.
Recipe courtesy of Nicola Curran.
Click here for more frittata recipes.
Pay attention to the smell of the frittata as it’s cooking. You want to cook it over a low heat so that it doesn’t burn. You’ll know by the smell when it’s just roasting, rather than burning, that it’s time to pop it into the oven.