- 3 cups jumbo rolled oats
- 1/2 cup pecan
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup apple and cinnamon chia mix
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 large handful of cranberries
- In a bowl add the jumbo rolled oats, nuts and seeds, apple and cinnamon chia mix, extra cinnamon and stir together.
- In a separate bowl add the melted coconut oil along with the maple syrup and stir well.
- Pour this into the oat and nut mix and stir everything together until it is all coated nicely.
- Spread out onto two baking sheets and pop into a preheated oven at 160°C for approx 20-25 minutes and cook until crispy and golden.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool and finish off by adding the cranberries.
- Spoon the granola into jars and keep stored in airtight containers.
- Serve with milk, yoghurt or simply eat straight from the jar.
Recipe courtesy of Chia Bia.
Not keen on maple syrup? Swap it out for two small bananas, mashed and switch the coconut oil for 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil. In a bowl, mix both the mashed banana and extra virgin olive oil together and add to the oats and nut mixture and bake as above.