- Handful wild garlic leaves
- Handful flat parsley
- Handful roasted cashew nuts
- 100g grated Parmesan
- Olive oil
- 1-2 teaspoons lemon juice or sherry vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- Using a blender or hand blender, blend the herbs, nuts and Parmesan together.
- Drizzle oil into the mix until desired consistency is reached. Season according to your taste buds and add a splash of sherry vinegar or lemon juice.
Recipe courtesy of Currarevagh House, Co. Galway.
Click here more pesto recipes.
- If not using the pesto immediately, you can store it in sterilised jars in the fridge or a cool, dark pantry. Top the pesto with a centimetre of oil and it should keep for about two weeks. The pesto can react with metal lids so try to use Kilner jars if possible.
- Make sure to wash your wild garlic thoroughly before making pesto.