- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 2 cups carrot, diced
- 3 cups potato, diced
- 2 cups courgette, diced
- 2 cups broccoli
- 2 cups kale, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp double concentrated tomato paste
- 1x400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 tin cannellini beans
- 1/2 pieces packet wholemeal pasta, broken into small pieces
- A pinch oregano leaves, fresh or dried
- Sea salt flakes, to taste
- Cracked black pepper, to taste
- 6-8 cups boiled water
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over a low heat, then add the onions and garlic. Cook gently until softened.
- Add the celery, carrots and potato, and cook for a few minutes, then stir in the tomato paste. Cook for a few minutes before adding the oregano, salt and pepper.
- Next, add the tomatoes and stir to break up slightly before adding the water. Simmer the mixture until the potatoes are soft, then add the spaghetti, courgette, beans and broccoli. Cook until al dente, then add more water to achieve your desired consistency. Check seasoning then stir.
Recipe courtesy of Mutti.