- 500g wholewheat pasta, any shape will do but penne works best with this recipe
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- Half of a lime, juice only
- 1 tsp salt
- 50g fresh coriander
- 100g cashew nuts
- 250ml sunflower oil
Optional: whole pink peppercorns also go great if you have any
- Boil the pasta as per instructions on the back of the pack.
- Peel the garlic. In a blender or food processor put all the remaining ingredients for the pesto in and blend till you get a smooth, creamy consistent texture and a great taste.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain and rinse in a colander over the sink to remove the starch so it doesn’t stick. Return it back to the pot. Add the coriander pesto to the pasta and mix it through, heat up on a medium heat till pesto warms up.
- For a colourful garnish, finish with whole pink peppercorns and for a little spice garnish with some chilli flakes.
Recipe courtesy of SuperValu and The Happy Pear
For more tasty pasta dishes, click here.
Try to use whole wheat pasta or gluten-free pasta such as brown rice pasta to give this dish more fibre and make it healthier.