- 300g leftover chicken
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 thumb-sized piece ginger, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 x 400g tin sweetcorn
- 1 litre chicken stock
- 150g rice or wheat noodles
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- Shred the cooked chicken.
- Add both of the oils to a large saucepan and sauté the garlic and ginger on a gentle heat until soft but not brown.
- Add the soy sauce and rice wine vinegar. Drain the corn and add to the saucepan. Add the chicken stock along with the cooked chicken. Break up the noodles and add to the pan. Allow to come to a bowl and leave to simmer for about 20 minutes until the noodles are soft and cooked through.
- Add the spring onions and ladle into bowls to serve. Garnish with chopped chilli, some herbs and extra soy sauce if you wish.
This is a great way of using up leftover roast chicken as well as other ingredients in the fridge, such as mushrooms.